I’m not sure why I am so fascinated with the whole Advent Calendar idea. I also really seem to have a hard time committing to any one kind, and I keep looking for more ideas online. I really need to stop searching, and start making! Even though we already have a pre-made Advent Calendar, I keep wanting to make one that is unique to our family. So I’m sharing these 10 great DIY Advent Calendar ideas that I found in the hopes I’ll be motivated to get up and get started!
10 DIY Advent Calendars Part 1
1. Use balsa wood, hot glue and a free template as the basis for these wooden Advent houses. Add sticker numbers, and frost the roofs with fake snow. Then hide a treat inside!
2. Get the free printable for making these modern Advent boxes. Print on white or kraft!
3. I love these wooden trees, and they have a neat hidden detail at the back!
4. A super simple idea to use for 24 Holiday activities. You could whip this one up today.
5. Got paper cups? Put them into service to hold your Advent Calendar treats!
10 DIY Advent Calendars Part 2
6. This Pottery Barn knock-off uses wood and burlap bags in a great way.
7. I’m leaning towards lots of natural decor this year, so this wood slice Advent Calendar appeals to me. Wait till you see how it’s displayed!
9. I’m intrigued by this Danish Dowel tree. And of course, chalkboard!
10. This pyramid box is part of a series of 25 different ideas, but I think a cluster of these would look great for the Advent season.
What kind of Advent Calendar do you use? Do you give candy treats, or choose from family activities?